What is scarcity? What does it mean to have a Scarcity Consciousness? What are the tell-tale signs of operating and living from a Scarcity Consciousness?
Scarcity means there’s a PERCEIVED deficiency, shortage or absence of something. A Scarcity Consciousness is a mindset or pattern of thinking that supports a life outlook or life perception of deficiency, shortage and “never enough.” And this mindset often pervades all areas of your life, not just the areas related to money and your money matters.
Are you operating from a Scarcity Consciousness? Take this Scarcity Quiz to find out.
The Scarcity Quiz is designed to acquaint you with the signs and patterns of operating from the Laws of Scarcity in your life. Answer YES or NO to each of the following statements.
THE SCARCITY QUIZ
- I have been struggling financially for three years or more.
- I constantly feel like I’m chasing money.
- I constantly feel like I never have enough money.
- I am consistently worried or anxious about money in my daily life
- I frequently use “can’t” in my vocabulary
- I am inconsistent with my tithing (if you belong to a church or temple)
- I tend to think, “If I had more money, I’d be happier.”
- My bills are messy and strewn about my home instead of being in one neat and orderly place.
- I tend to overspend, buy things I can’t afford, or don’t really need.
- I don’t know what my total monthly household expenses are.
- I don’t know what my total monthly household income is.
- I tend to borrow money and not pay it back.
- I owe family and friends money
- Things in my life often tend to break down, stop working, or need repairing.
- My parents struggled financially
- I tend to envy (instead of be happy for) those who are wealthy.
- I often say “I’m broke, “ or “I don’t have any money.”
- I often make disparaging comments about wealthy people
- I feel like: I’m missing out on life because I don’t have more money
- I tend to believe that wealthy people are greedy, spoiled, evil, shallow, or lazy
- I tend to be overly selfish with my time, money and/or ideas
- I tend to pay myself last or not at all (in terms of saving), instead of first.
Now go back and count up your YESSES. How many do you have? If you answered YES to 4 or more of these statements, then a Scarcity Consciousness instead of a Prosperity Consciousness is most likely dominating your life.
Your journey from scarcity to prosperity begins with you waking up and bringing your current thoughts and beliefs about prosperity out of the dark and into the light so that they can be examined. You must begin with bringing your current thoughts and beliefs out of the dark and into the light so that they will no longer be transparent and elusive to you, but can become apparent to you. What you don’t know that you don’t know, you can’t change. But when you become aware, then you can acknowledge, and when you can acknowledge, you can begin to choose differently. And it is this process which results in change.